How UPC scanner works?
Scanner setting is for set digit at time of scanning. In bill cashier ring up items with scanner.
If from setting module if digit are set then in cash register scanner will affect at the time of item scanning.
1. Open rapid rms application.
2. Go to setting module.
3. Select UPC scanner.
4. If scanner option is ON then only we can select option from either device scanner or bluetooth scanner.
5. After scanner ON you can connect scanner with system.
For set digit in barcode follow below procedure.
There are four(UPC-A, UPC-B, UPC-C, UPC-D) scanner which you can set according to requirement.
1. Set any digit limit in scanner. I.e 10 that means if original barcode is of 10 digit on which this setting will apply.
2. Turn ON button of Digit barcode.
3. There are two another option leading digit and check digit.
4. When leading digit option ON, that means remove front digit of barcode. I.e if our original barcode is of 10 digit and we scan item then if last 9 digit match with scan barcode then also item will ring up. First digit will ignored.
5. When check digit option ON, that means remove last digit of barcode. I.e if our original barcode is of 10 digit and we scan item then if first 9 digit match with scan barcode then also item will ring up. Last digit will ignored.
You can set same setting with other three scanner with various digit limit of barcode.
When both the option ON(leading and check digit) Then automatically digit barcode option set ON.
When you add new item with 10 digit barcode then also according to setting that barcode will add.
Have enter 10 digit barcode in item
It will enter with eight digit as first and last digit will remove.
Same thing will apply when search or ring up or scan item from anywhere in the whole application.