Bluetooth Printer Setup
1: Set up a Wi-Fi Network
- The Bluetooth printer connects wirelessly to an iPad using Bluetooth technology, avoiding a WiFi connection. However, you will need Internet access to complete credit card transaction and the cloud-based features.
- A network setup depends primarily on the Internet service provider and may include a router or modem device to have a WiFi network.
2: Pair the Printer and the iPad
- Plug the power cable into the right most port on the back of the printer.
- Power the printer on.
- Load a roll of paper into the printer.
- Hold the PAIR button for 15 seconds. Note: You have 60 seconds to pair your iPad. Make sure you have it nearby!
- Open your iPad Settings and open Bluetooth menu.
- Click the Star Micronics printer listed in Other Devices.
- Once your printer and iPad are connected, the back of the printer will have a solid blue light to confirm the connection.
3: Connect the Printer and the Cash Drawer (optional)
- Make sure the printer and the iPad are paired.
- Plug the cable included with the cash drawer into the DK port on the back of the printer.
- Connect the larger end of the cable to the underside of the cash drawer.
4: Enable Printer Settings in Rapid RMS
- Open Rapid RMS app.
- Select Settings.
- Under Hardware, click Printer.
- Tap Bluetooth/TCP.
- Select Bluetooth.
Your printer is now ready to go! You can establish tender print receipt configuration here.